Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Secret Weapon

I think it is only fair to let everyone know about my secret weapon in project Tsuji. Weapon may be stretching it a little bit. Maybe more like a life line. Or more apropos: phone a friend.

The secret is my sister in law, "H", who is Japanese. My brother studied and taught in Japan for 10 years. Of course, he ended up dating and marrying one of his students. I'd say it's a little sleezy of my brother if she weren't the "older woman".

A little bit about H: She is incredibly fun loving and loves to laugh. She is creative and always willing to share a smile and her fun twist on things. I was so happy to welcome her as my sister many years ago and I am also happy that she was willing to help me on this project.

The first bit of help she gave me was on one of the salad dressings. It called for 3/4 of a cup of red miso and it tasted incredibly salty. The title of her response was "WAY TOOOO MUCH". She said the recipe should have called for 3/4 of a Tablespoon of the miso, and she gave me her own dressing recipe. (I'll be trying that this week.)

In any case, I have a little help on board. Thanks H!

No comments:

Post a Comment